Top Items To Include in Your First Aid Set
First Aid Kit
When you build a first aid kit for your commercial property in Glenpool, OK, you want to make sure it is complete. There are some obvious items you have to have in this kit, but others may surprise you. Check out this quick guide to build the best kit possible.
1. First Aid Guide: Because this kit could be used by a wide range of people, you need to have a basic guide for first aid included. This guide may go over how to clean minor cuts or use resuscitation equipment.
2. Blankets: Blankets can serve a lot of purposes, such as keeping someone warm or being used as a sling. Because you don't know what type of emergency will require the use of a first aid kit, it is best to stock it for any type of situation.
3. Bandages: Many people turn to an emergency kit when there is a cut, scrape or burn. Various sized bandages and gauze pads can help stop bleeding and protect open wounds.
4. Sterile Gloves: Handling someone else's blood can be unsanitary work. Including gloves in the set makes it easier for care to be given to those who need it.
5. Resuscitation Equipment: A pocket mask and guide to CPR can help equip a person for an emergency situation.
6. Automated External Defibrillator: This portable device can be used to shock someone undergoing cardiac arrest. Many AEDs also walk those using the device through the procedure to ensure everything is done correctly.
7. Emergency Directions: Who needs to be called when there is an emergency? These directions could list your phone number or the number of your commercial property repair team.
As a commercial building owner, you need to do whatever you can to keep those inside your property safe. Putting together a complete first aid kit can provide the tools needed to survive an emergency.