What Is Black Mold?
Black Mold Removal in Tulsa, OK
Black mold, scientifically known as Stachybotrys chartarum, is a type of mold commonly found after water damage is left to sit for a long period of time. Our team at SERVPRO of South Tulsa County knows how to properly remediate and remove all types of mold found in your Tulsa property. Our certified and skilled staff know that mold damages left sitting can lead to structural damages in the property. We know water damage is unexpected and stressful. That's why calling the professionals is the way to go at the first signs of water and mold damage. The quicker your damage is assessed and treated, the more time and money you can save.
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of South Tulsa County, Central Tulsa, and Greater Broken Arrow immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (918) 437-2095
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of South Tulsa County, Central Tulsa, and Greater Broken Arrow is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Woodland Hills
- Burning Tree
- Broken Arrow