Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
It can be difficult to know what to do following a water damage event on your property. Even though your water loss might not seem like it's much, there can be hidden moisture in your walls or underneath your flooring that can cause a ton of damage if not remediated. Down below, our team has listed some helpful water damage tips to give you a better idea of what to do or not do following a loss.
If you have any questions or are in need of our water mitigation services, don't hesitate and give our SERVPRO of South Tulsa County team a call today!
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (918) 437-2095
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.